Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update on Serenity

I honestly dont know how much more I can take before I just break into pieces. All I ever wanted was for my three children to be healthy and happy. And happy as they are... they where not lucky enough to escape without any medical problems. I feel really guilty.

Serenity does not have Cerebral Palsy, which is wonderful. However, right after I got that news, I got a knife driven straight into me as the doctor kept listing what she DOES have:

Hypotonia -Low Muscle Tone

Developmental Coordination Disorder -Lack of coordination due to the Hypotonia

Childhood Apraxia of Speech -Motor disorder.

I know very little about these problems and will be spending a lot of time learning about each one. The doctor put in a referral for IRC and I am going to contact CCS. She should be able to get both services. She will be spending a lot of time in OT and now Speech Therapy as well.

The doctor believes that Serenity had an injury while in my womb that first caused the Plagiocephaly and Torticollis. Well, that then lead to the Hypotonia, DCD, and CAS. There is a chance she can grow out of each one with Early Intervention (which is what IRC and CCS are for) and that is what we are hoping and praying for... but to be realistic... it's all up in the air. Thankfully Serenity is a strong-welled child.

No comments:

Post a Comment